Before you can tackle any workout, you’ve got to look the part. We’ve selected our favorite pieces to help get you ready.
From left to right: Varley Strand Black Technical Tee and Pico Mercury Capri, $65 and $100 at Bandier; Dior Créme de Rose Lip Balm, $28; Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Créme, $20; Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion, $29; Klorane Make-Up Remover Wipes, $13 at Blue Mercury; Stella McCartney for Adidas Sneakers, $160.
- Varley Strand Black Technical Tee and Pico Mercury Capri: Keep cool and look ultra chic with a mesh paneled top and comfy capris that feature a foldable compression waistband. $65 and $100 at Bandier.
- Stella McCartney for Adidas Sneakers: These bright sneaks are sure to put some pep in your step, $160.
- Klorane Make-Up Remover Wipes: These no-rinse, fragrance-free wipes are perfect for removing all traces of makeup. Major plus – they’re hypoallergenic and alcohol free, making them ideal for sensitive skin. $13 at Blue Mercury.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion: If your skin is on the drier side, apply this oil-free lotion after cleansing to minimize pores and moisturize without leaving behind a shiny residue, $29.
- Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Créme: Tame your fly-aways and whip your hair into ponytail or top knot using this lightweight glossing cream, $20.
- Dior Créme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm: Finish your look with soft, conditioned lips using this moisturizing balm made from rose oil extracts, $28.
Summer is the ultimate season of travel, and no matter the destination everyone has noteworthy essentials to help tackle their trip with ease. We connected with some of our friends around the Village to find out where this summer is taking them and what things have to come along.
Becky Bowen – Personal Shopper, Personal Shopping Salon
Destination: New York City, New York
- Celine White Shoulder Bag: “This summer I’m not leaving home without my Celine white classic bag. It’s so chic and functional!”
- Dior Silver and Gold Sunglasses: “A fashion statement sunglass is a must. These mirrored aviator are the perfect fashion sunnies for drinks on a patio.”
- Saint Laurent Denim Espadrille: “With all the walking you do in NY a stylish and comfy pair of flats is a must! These denim espadrilles are not only a great neutral for any outfit but just presh and comfy.”
Kaylee Higginbotham – Co-owner, Molto Formaggio
- Frederic Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo: “Whoever invented dry shampoo should be given a medal. I am especially grateful for it when traveling abroad so I can just wake up in the morning and go.”
- Amazon Kindle: “I love to read and always have a book that I’m reading. Lately, since I’ve taken over Molto Formaggio, I’m doing a lot of wine and cheese reading to stay on top of trends and constantly be learning.”
- Jimmy Choo Nude Wedge: “Italy has nothing but cobblestone streets and I’ve wobbled or had my heels get stuck more times than I can count. A nude wedge goes with everything and a wedge heel is more practical than pumps for walking around. And there is a lot of walking.”
Alexandria Hansen — Bandier Girl, Bandier
Destination: Mazatlán, Mexico
- Koral Alliance Versatility Bra: “The fun thing about this is that it doubles as a bikini top!”
- Oribe Apres Beach Spray: “This is seriously the best sea salt spray I have ever used, it makes my hair wavy and texturized without feeling crunchy.”
- Krewe Du Optic St. Louis Sunglasses: “They’re unique with a great vintage feel, well-made, and I always get compliments when I wear them.”
Stop by the Village today to pick up all your summer travel essentials. And if you’re already packed full schedule just can’t find the time, our Personal Shopping team can take care of it all for you when you email Liz Thrash at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-272-4894.
This Tuesday, Highland Park Village was transformed into a magical carnival filled with the sounds of giddy children snacking on cotton candy, a hometown band and the twinkle of lights from an adorned Ferris wheel. Co-hosts Nasiba Adilova Mackie, Heather Washburne and Elisa Summers hosted designer, Stella McCartney and guests of all ages for a night to remember.
Dallas-based band, Loyal Sally, entertained with live music as carnival goers enjoyed vegan friendly snacks and sliders, elixirs, spirits and treats from Soulgood, Don Julio, Royal Blue Grocery and more.
Stella McCartney not only brought the fun to the Lone Star State, but she also unveiled her new Rainbow Pop Falabella Handbag Collection. We got a chance to catch up with the designer about that and then some.
STELLA MCCARTNEY: You know, they all individually come together collectively and I identify with each one of them in some way.
HPV: Your Falabella bag is so iconic – why do you feel this particular piece resonates so well with people?
SM: I think the design really captures all different sides of women. There is a timeless element to it. It’s very chic and the sloppiness of it is quite emotional and effortless. And at the same time it has the chain detail that has a hardness to it and an edge. I just find it has every little part of all of us.
HPV: How do your day to day experiences as a mother influence your designs for your children’s line?
SM: I think in the beginning it was very much that having kids you realize they grow out of clothes really quickly, they trash stuff really quickly and you want it to be their personality. I think there’s a stage happening at the moment where parents are dressing their children as a reflection of their own ego a lot of the times. So for me, I want kids to be able to love it, wear it, throw it in the washing machine and have it be a reasonable price point. I also want it to be something that is alive and cool, yet still kind of precious.
HPV: You are known for your collections being fur-free and leather-free. Why do you think you are one of the only luxury designers focused on building a sustainable and eco-friendly brand.
SM: This is my biggest challenge every single day when I go to work. To approach luxury fashion in this kind of way is unheard of, so it’s still very new, sadly. I work hard to do the best I can in making it not look like it’s a non-leather bag or shoe but it is very challenging. It’s very important to me personally so it’s how I’m going to always approach the business.
HPV: Being that you are visiting Dallas, what do you enjoy most about seeing your brand reflected in the Dallas lifestyle?
SM: For me, it’s always fun to see the variety – the different ages, backgrounds and sizes – and then to see the different collections and seasons come together on women that really enjoy the clothes. That’s really all I want.
All images courtesy of Dana Drensky.
Dallas Art Fair is just under a week away and we’re already thinking about what to wear and looking forward to catching a sneak peek of this year’s exhibitors – who range from the local Talley Dunn Gallery, to Carbon 12 from Dubai – at the 2016 Preview Gala.
Let the graphic works of Bernhard Buhmann and the whimsy florals in Sebastiann Bremer’s pieces inspire your look for the Dallas Art Fair season. Opt for this chic Alexander McQueen sleeveless, leather dress for a cocktail appropriate feel.
Pair it with a chain metal Tom Ford shoulder bag and strappy, studded Christian Louboutin sandals for a little edge. Top off the look with the new Dior Set earrings, which can be worn separately in each ear or together as a single statement piece.
For more info on this year’s event, which kicks off next Thursday, April 14th, and to see a full list of the exhibitors, visit DallasArtFair.com.
Happy Spring! The start of a new season affords the perfect opportunity to hit the refresh button and re-evaluate those items that really occupy space vs. function in your closet. Our expert personal shopping team has put together their top 10 spring closet cleaning tips to help you tackle the task with ease.
- Decide where your clothes are going before you start cleaning (i.e., consignment boutique, charity, etc).
- While going through each piece, ask yourself, “When is the last time I wore this?”
- If it’s within the last six months, then ask yourself three additional questions:
- “Do I love it?”
- “Is it flattering?”
- “Is it the image I want to project?”
- If yes to all three, it’s a keeper. If no to any one of the three then it goes.
- Organize your hanging clothes by season.
- Subcategorize the seasons into tops and bottoms when hanging your clothes.
- Color coordinate those subcategories.
- Splurge on matching hangers. It will give your closet the most relaxed feel.
- Style up your space. Adding a fun mirror or piece of art are great ways to add delight to your closet.
- When having a perfect, well organized closet it feels like you are going shopping every time you decide what you want to wear!
So you’ve purged, organized and now realize you’re in need of some signature pieces that meet all of the above mentioned “keeper” guidelines. We’ve got you covered with our spring must-haves right here.
- Balenciaga Highlight City Bag in Yellow – Yellow is THE color to be seen in this spring.
- Stella McCartney Denim Jumpsuit – Denim is here to stay and deserves a head-to-toe ensemble.
- Shinola ‘The Birdy’ Watch in Rose Gold – Rose gold can stand alone or mix with all your other metals.
- ETRO Printed Silk Scarf – Tie a printed scarf around your neck, wrist or bag to effortlessly elevate your everyday routine.
- Bandier St. Louis White Linen Sunglasses – Take a fresh approach to your frames and opt for white with mirrored lenses.
- MARKET Aquazurra ‘Wild Thing’ Sandal in Red – Tie it up in a wrap-around ankle sandal.
- Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Alabama’ Fringe Sandal – Don’t be afraid to have fun with fringe and pair it with all your favorite pieces.
- Tom Ford Black Tassel Earrings – Statement earrings bring glamorous days and nights.
- Celine Phantom Luggage Handbag in White and Navy – Go for the bold and make a statement with stripes.
- Alexander McQueen Mini Off The Shoulder Knit Dress – Show some skin the shoulder way for a subtle and sultry appeal.
- Alexander McQueen Embroidered Clog – Add eye catching detail with embroidery.
Contact our Personal Shopping team at 214-272-4894 or email@example.com to shop any or all of these!
A favorite of models, actresses, musicians and ‘it-girls’ alike, Stella McCartney is known for her sharp tailoring, playful, feminine style and sustainable design. Just ahead of her Winter 2016 Fashion Week showing in Paris, take time to get to know the brand.
Stella McCartney now commands 48 freestanding stores globally in addition to maintaining a strong online presence and wholesale accounts within major department stores and specialty boutiques.
McCartney is the daughter of famed Beatles rocker Sir Paul McCartney and musician, animal rights activist and photographer Lady Linda McCartney. She cast a name for herself after spending time as the Creative Director for Parisian brand Chloe, following her graduation from storied design school, Central Saint Martins.
The brand stays true to the designer’s ethical values and rejects the use of leather, furs and exotic skins in all of their products, including the iconic, braided chain Falabella handbags. Stella McCartney’s signature Falabella bag.
Stella McCartney’s Spring/Summer 2016 Kids campaign.
McCartney has had great success in ready-to-wear, shoes, accessories, lingerie, fragrance, kids apparel and even athletic-wear through a long-term relationship with adidas. All of which can be found within the Highland Park Village location.
Stop by the store Monday – Saturday between 10 am – 6pm or Sunday from 12pm – 5pm to shop the stunning Spring/Summer collection, and see what McCartney has in store for her upcoming Winter 2016 show, that’s streaming live on Monday, March 7th, by following the official Stella McCartney Facebook page .
Stella McCartney’s Summer 2016 Women’s Ready-To-Wear collection at Paris Fashion Week.
18 Highland Park Village
Dallas, TX 75205-2733
All images courtesy of the designer.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and the Highland Park Village team is ready to play cupid with the best gift ideas for everyone on your list.
Stop by The Village for these items and more!
Behind the Scenes at the fall 2015 magazine shoot at Greystone Court