We’re just over halfway through the year and it’s the perfect time to refresh your home before holiday decorating takes precedent. Picking small, but prominently displayed and useful items is key to making a quick and easy change in any room or area. Additions feel fresh and thoughtful when they’re seasonal, customized or come in bright pops of color. Here, we’ve selected 7 home accents, all priced under $150, ideal for a mid-year revamp to any space.
MADISON – Family Room/Couch
A vibrant new throw, like this pom pom one by Shiraleah Chicago, can completely change the feel of your family room or seating area, $145 at MADISON.
Anthropologie – Dining Room
Elevate your stemware by swapping it out for gold rimmed glassware like these from Anthropologie. Accent with gold rimmed coasters and every drink, from water to spirits, will feel a little bit fancier. From left to right, Undertone Stemless Wine Glass, $16; Annecy DOF Glass, $12; Georgette Highball Glass, $18; Georgette Glass, $18 atop Pasatiempo Coasters, $10 each.
MARKET – Coffee Table
More is more when you double up on complementing Missoni Mediterraneo Candles in their classic striped pattern, available in a range of scents for $88 each at MARKET.
Five & Ten – Bedroom
Add a fun print and personal touch to your bedroom with Gaia Hand Woven Accent Pillows which are made from vintage African mud cloth and support a worthy cause, $130 at Five & Ten.
Avant Garden Floral Arrangement – Master Bathroom
Brighten up your morning routine by adding a pop of color and a sweet scent to your master bath using a bold seasonal arrangement. Pictured here are lavender hydrangeas, light pink peonies, red charm peonies, orange double and fuchsia tulips, cherry love roses, free spirit roses, lavender freesia and sprigs of mint for $150 at Avant Garden.
St. Michaels Women’s Exchange – Console Table
Set the tone for your home with stacked books on a topic you love on your entryway console. Ranches of the American West, $45 and Hill Country Houses, $50 at St. Michael’s Women’s Exchange.
Ellis Hill – Office/Desk
Personalize your office with monogrammed accessories like this round tray, $40 and oversized notepad, $42 at Ellis Hill.
Before you can tackle any workout, you’ve got to look the part. We’ve selected our favorite pieces to help get you ready.
From left to right: Varley Strand Black Technical Tee and Pico Mercury Capri, $65 and $100 at Bandier; Dior Créme de Rose Lip Balm, $28; Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Créme, $20; Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion, $29; Klorane Make-Up Remover Wipes, $13 at Blue Mercury; Stella McCartney for Adidas Sneakers, $160.
- Varley Strand Black Technical Tee and Pico Mercury Capri: Keep cool and look ultra chic with a mesh paneled top and comfy capris that feature a foldable compression waistband. $65 and $100 at Bandier.
- Stella McCartney for Adidas Sneakers: These bright sneaks are sure to put some pep in your step, $160.
- Klorane Make-Up Remover Wipes: These no-rinse, fragrance-free wipes are perfect for removing all traces of makeup. Major plus – they’re hypoallergenic and alcohol free, making them ideal for sensitive skin. $13 at Blue Mercury.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion: If your skin is on the drier side, apply this oil-free lotion after cleansing to minimize pores and moisturize without leaving behind a shiny residue, $29.
- Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Créme: Tame your fly-aways and whip your hair into ponytail or top knot using this lightweight glossing cream, $20.
- Dior Créme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm: Finish your look with soft, conditioned lips using this moisturizing balm made from rose oil extracts, $28.